The pumpkin stuffed with chicken is a creative and delicious dish, perfect for the whole family. If it’s hard for your little ones to eat vegetables, with this recipe you can get it, and what’s better, enjoying it to the fullest! They will not be able to resist when they take the first bite and notice the rich flavor of the melted cheese.
This dish is ideal to serve alone or with a light companion like a Caesar salad with bacon . But if you fancy another type of companion, in Unreceta.com you can find many dishes that you would love to try.
For now we are going to prepare this spectacular stuffed pumpkin, following these simple steps:
- 1 large pumpkin
- 500 gr. of minced chicken
- 300 gr. of fresh rolled mushrooms
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 leek
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- Grated cheese
- Olive oil
- Ground black pepper
Preparation of stuffed chicken pumpkin
- Wash the pumpkin on the outside and drain well. Cut off both ends and cut it lengthwise to open it in half.
- Empty the pumpkin taking care not to break the skin, you can use a large spoon or a potato vacuum. You have to ensure that the skin is not too thin, since in that case it will break after filling it.
- Peel the onion and cut it into thin julienne. Rinse and drain the peppers and leeks and cut them in the same way as the onion. The mushrooms you have to wash them and then drain them well to avoid excess liquid. Reserve all vegetables.
- Pour a stream of olive oil in a pan, just enough to cover the bottom. Put it to heat over medium heat and when it reaches temperature, add the garlic cut into slices. Before it starts to take color, add the vegetables and sauté them for a couple of minutes just so they do not get done at all.
- Add the minced chicken to the pan and stir to mix well with all the vegetables. Add the aromatic herbs in quantity to taste, and finish seasoning with salt and ground black pepper.
- When the meat is cooked and the vegetables are tender, remove the contents of the pan and preheat the oven to 180ºC. Place the already opened pumpkin in a baking dish and fill both parts with the meat and vegetable mixture. Introduce it in the oven so that it becomes soft, which can take between 35 and 40 minutes approximately.
- About 7 minutes before turning the oven off, open it and add the grated cheese over the pumpkin, so that it is gratinated. And once the cheese is melted, you can now set aside and serve your exquisite pumpkin stuffed with chicken. Enjoy it!