This cream-free pumpkin sauce is very simple to make and it is a very light preparation, ideal for all those who are taking care of their figure or should avoid the consumption of dairy and fat. This sauce gives you everything, you can use it to spread some salted toast, to sauté some vegetables or to accompany some rich gnocchi without flour that are yummy. Your meat dishes will also be delicious thanks to this marinade!
Go ahead and prepare this pumpkin sauce without cream with the step by step that we offer below in Unreceta.com and you will see. You’re going to love it! We start? Let’s go there!
- 500 gr. of pumpkin
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup of parsley
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- Olive oil
- Ground black pepper
Preparation of pumpkin sauce without cream
- Start by washing the pumpkin and remove the skin and seeds. Cut the squash into medium pieces and reserve.
- Peel and laminate the garlic and then peel, wash and cut the onion into very small squares. Chop the parsley and reserve only this last ingredient.
- Add a little olive oil to a pan and, when hot, add the onion and garlic. Let both ingredients brown over medium heat until you feel the onion is clear. This will take you, at most, four minutes.
- Add to the pan salt and pepper to taste, mix and then add the spoonful of oregano. Pour a glass of water and add the pieces of pumpkin. cook the preparation for twenty minutes over medium heat with the pan covered.
- After a while, check if the pumpkin is tender. If not, leave it for ten more minutes and then sprinkle the parsley over it, rectify the salt and let the pumpkin rest for a couple of minutes.
- Pour all the contents of the pan into the blender jar and process until you have a homogenous sauce. For the pumpkin to be crushed correctly, we recommend processing it in two parts.
- Add the sauce to a glass container and go. You already have your pumpkin sauce without cream, try it, enjoy it and if you have extra, store it in the fridge inside a refractory container.