The red fish broth is one of those preparations that are somewhat laborious but, when the tests, you realize that all effort and dedication have been worth it. Do you dare to cook it? Great, in Unreceta.com we give you all the instructions and tricks so that you do it in the simplest way and it is just as irresistible. This recipe will make you the best chef in the family!
- 1 kg. of fish cut (with head and thorns)
- 4 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 ears of corn
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 200 gr. of corn flour
- 4 green pods
- 3 red peppers or chili peppers
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1 tablespoon of red paprika
- Olive oil
- Ground black pepper
Preparation of red fish broth
- Start by washing the fish to remove traces of blood and impurities. Add to a saucepan two liters of water, oregano, paprika, cumin, clean fish, onion and peeled garlic cloves and salt to taste. Let the fish cook over medium heat for 20 minutes with the saucepan covered.
- When the fish has cooked, strain the broth and reserve it. Garnish the fish and discard the thorns and the body of the head. Blend the onion, peppers and garlic cloves with a little broth and when you have a liquid mixture add it back to the reserved broth. Reserve everything.
- In a separate saucepan cook the ears for fifteen minutes in boiling water. Then incorporate the peeled carrots and pods previously cut into medium pieces. Cook for 15 more minutes over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, make a dough by mixing the cornmeal with water, a tablespoon of oil and salt to taste. When you have a homogenous dough, make small balls and add them to the saucepan along with the carrots and corn.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into four pieces and add them to the saucepan along with the broth where the fish was cooked. Let cook until the potatoes have softened. When they are tender, rectify the salt and add a pinch of pepper.
- Finally, add the shredded fish to the pot, cook for five minutes over low heat and with the saucepan covered and fire removed from the heat. Let your red fish broth stand for twenty minutes and serve. Take advantage!