19 Mar Turkey recipe stuffed with vegetables
The turkey stuffed with vegetables is a very simple dish to prepare and more following the steps of Unreceta.com . That yes, for your process of marinade and cooking will require at least two days to have it ready. So go ahead and prepare it because it’s really worth it!
You can serve it with a curry pumpkin puree for an autumnal-inspired dish that will surely please everyone at home. Do not wait any longer and take note of the ingredients you’ll need to make this delicious turkey stuffed with vegetables that you’ll look in the kitchen.
- 1 turkey of 4 kgs.
- 1 cup of fresh orange juice
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 5 peppercorns
- 1/2 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
For the filling:
- 2 onions
- 2 red peppers
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 leeks
- 2 carrots
- 1 can of mushrooms
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
Preparation of turkey stuffed with vegetables
- The first thing you should do is prepare the turkey marinade. In a blender mix the orange juice, the wine, the cumin, the lemon juice, the salt, the pepper, the bay leaves, the onion and the peeled garlic cloves. You can use a hand mixer if you do not have a blender.
- Dry the turkey with absorbent kitchen paper, if it was frozen make sure it has thawed well, minimum since the previous day. With an injector, introduce the marinade you just prepared inside the turkey.
- Place it in a tray that you can take to the oven and cover it with the marinade that was left over. Cover it with plastic wrap or aluminum and take it to the refrigerator overnight.
- On the day of cooking, preheat the oven to 220 ° C while preparing the filling. Then wash the vegetables, peel the carrot and rake it and the rest of the vegetables cut them into squares.
- Mix the vegetables and canned mushrooms in a bowl, salt and pepper and sprinkle with olive oil. Remove the turkey from the refrigerator and fill it with this mixture. If you have left over stuffed, place it around you. If you like, cover the turkey with olive oil, so it will be juicier.
- Cross the legs of the turkey and tie them with very tight kitchen thread so that it does not open while cooking. Cover with aluminum foil and take it to the oven for two hours. Then find out and cook for another hour.
- If your turkey weighs more than 4 kilos, you must cook it for longer, approximately 45 minutes more for each extra kilo.
- After this time, your turkey stuffed with vegetables will be ready to eat. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve next to some baked potatoes, a homemade pumpkin puree or with the garnish you prefer, with this recipe you will triumph!