14 Mar Vegetable soup recipe for children
For some parents it is a great challenge for their children to eat vegetables and, therefore, a vegetable soup for children is the best option to get it. The fact of presenting the vegetables as a cream is a very effective trick that our parents and grandparents have used, since it serves so that the food easily enters through the eyes of the little ones.
To help you include these ingredients in your children’s menu, at Unreceta.com we show you step by step how to prepare a delicious vegetable soup for your children. I’m sure you’ll love it too!
If you want to have more chances of conquering the palate of adults and children, we propose other easy recipes like crispy fried chicken or pumpkin puree with cheeses . They will suck their fingers!
- 1 carrot
- 1 spring onion
- 1 leek
- 1 zucchini
- 2 potatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- Half cauliflower
- Olive oil
- Picatostes to taste
- 1.5 l of water
Preparation of vegetable soup for children
- To start preparing this tasty vegetable soup for children, peel and cut the carrot, leek, potatoes and spring onion into small pieces and separate the cauliflower from the stems.
- Put all the vegetables in a saucepan with chopped garlic and three tablespoons of oil. Heat over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the vegetables and cook over low heat for 10 minutes to poach them.
- After this time, add salt to taste and pour a liter and a half of water. If you want to give more flavor to this vegetable soup for children, you can substitute water for precooked vegetable broth.
- Raise the fire and wait for it to boil. Then let it simmer again to cook for 40 minutes. When this time has passed your soup will be ready, try and rectify salt if necessary.
- So that the flavors of the vegetables settle, we recommend letting the soup rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve this delicious vegetable soup for children very hot and add a few croutons to the taste. Goal achieved, your children will eat it without problems!
Tips for a rich vegetable soup for children
- To soften the vegetables more quickly, try always to cover the pan to concentrate the heat.
- Poaching the vegetables will help you get a delicious caramelized background, do not stop!