23 Mar Venezuelan fish consomme recipe
The consomme fish Venezuela is much more than a simple soup is a dish full spoon and meatier that is cooked with vegetables typical of Latin America such as taro and yams. If you do not get these ingredients, you can replace them with yucca and carrot. This dish is loaded with a lot of flavor thanks to the first elaboration of a base of fish broth made with heads and thorns, which gives pleasure to the preparation. Our mouth wafts just thinking about it!
- 1 kg. of grouper fillets or white fish
- 2 fish heads
- 4 potatoes
- 1 occumo
- 1 yam
- 1 piece of pumpkin
- 4 male plantains
- 1 onion
- 1 leek stem
- 1 red pepper
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 6 sweet peppers
- 1 bunch of coriander
- The juice of 2 lemons
- Ground black pepper
Preparation of Venezuelan fish consommé
- Start by washing the fish to remove the viscera and blood that may have. Then season the steaks with salt, pepper, two cloves of crushed garlic and the lemon juice. Cut the fillets into pieces and reserve.
- Peel the potatoes, the yam, the ocumo and the squash and cut into medium pieces. Peel the onion and cut it into two parts, then do the same with the leeks, the peppers and the chipped peppers.
- In a large pot, add two liters of water, the leek, the onion, the pepper and the remaining whole garlic cloves. It also incorporates the heads of fish and salt and pepper to taste. Heat over high heat so that the water boils and then cook for 30 minutes over medium heat and with the pot covered.
- While the broth is prepared, remove the foam that will form on the surface and do not let the water dry. If the broth dries, add more water immediately and continue cooking over medium heat.
- Take advantage of this time to peel the bananas, cut them into medium pieces and boil them in a separate pot with water and a little salt. Remove the bananas after about ten minutes, when they are soft, and reserve them.
- After 30 minutes of cooking the broth, strain it and return it to the pot. Heat over high heat until it boils and then add the potatoes, the yam, the ocher and the pump. Let cook over medium heat until the vegetables soften, with thirty minutes will be enough.
- When the vegetables are in, add the fish fillets in pieces and the coriander tied with a string. Let the fish cook with the pot covered over medium heat for ten minutes.
- Finally, add the banana to the pot, mix to integrate, rectify the salt and go. You can now enjoy an authentic consomme of Venezuelan fish. Serve each plate with a portion of fish and vegetables, what a good time!